Sunday, July 12, 2009

...a first date with your best friend...

sitting across the table from the man i love, my confidant, my best friend i felt a rush of butterflies come over me. a sense of wanting to know everything about this man that i have spent the last year learning everything about.

he took me to a fancy little french resturaunt that we plan on becoming regulars of. we both spent the evening dressed up for our wonderful night off that was LONG over due. sitting down we instantly feel in love with the place, it was quiet and the wait staff was soo welcoming, you immeadiatly felt like you belonged there. we sat down and ordered a bottle of some AMAZING red wine and spent the rest of the evening talking, laughing, gazing and just enjoying each other.

engulfed with thoughts of OUR life, OUR love and OUR past we just gushed over each other. sharing what we were thinking when we had met just a mere year ago, the moment we knew we were in love...the time passed and we were falling more and more in love sitting across this table and had slowly realized we had finnished our bottle of wine and still had dessert and drink reservations at charlie palmer that were rapidly approaching. time didn't matter. it was just me and him, my best friend.

we laughed together, shared our thoughts on GOD, discussed better ways to love him and each other and talked about how we can help each other grow. my mentor.

sitting across the table from a man i love, and have given my all to, but feeling like it was the first time we've ever met. so engaged in stories of our past lives before we came together, and the thirst to know him more...i will spend the rest of my life wanting to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. Kim you are such a great writer, seriously!!! I'm so happy for you I think that it's great that you found the one that you know your meant to be with. I've seen you two lovebirds first hand and I think you guys are perfect for eachother, I'm so proud of being your friend :)
    Keep loving eachother~

    ReplyDelete